Sunday, November 08, 2009

Miscellaneous Pics and Updates

I have included some pictures that I uploaded from my phone as well as some taken with our digital camera.

Melanie's daycare had a Pumpkin Patch day a couple weeks ago. They took pictures of all the kids picking out and decorating their pumpkin. This is a picture they had posted on a bulletin board, I snapped a picture of it with my cell phone. It is a little fuzzy but you can still see her determined look as she carries her pumpkin around.

Several months ago the daycare had Melanie and her classmates put together a construction paper flower. My understanding is the children placed the smiley face and leaves on.... not too bad for someone who was not quite two years old yet.

Melanie was especially happy the other day on the ride home from the daycare. She was playing with her toys and making up some stories. I pulled into the driveway, opened up the back door, and snapped this one with my phone. It turned out pretty well! :)

A couple months ago it was pretty sunny and warm outside. Melanie would take advantage of her swing set as much as possible during that time. This picture was captured by Matt one afternoon while the two of them were outside with the dogs.


The next two pictures were taken this morning. I asked Melanie, "Is that a pumpkin on your shirt, sweetie?" My goal was to get her to smile for the camera. Instead she looked at me and proceeded to pull the pumpkin up to her mouth. Her response to my question was "Yes, Mommy. Pumpkin kiss."



Our household is getting healthier by the week. I am back to being healthy. Matt is on the upswing thanks to a minute-clinic at CVS and the all powerful NediPot purchase he made. Melanie is doing well, also.

Melanie's daycare week went well. She had another good week of potty training at home and at the daycare. When I pick her up at the end of the day and she wants to keep playing with her friends it warms my heart. That is a sign to me that she is in a good place. It is hard to believe she is now 2 yrs and 2 months... and has been going there since she was 12 weeks old. Most of her classmates have grown up with her at the daycare.

This past Wednesday and Thursday evening Debbie and I had our annual Bed-and-Breakfast trip for her birthday. Check out where we go every year... it is AMAZING.... http://www.1875homestead.com. Our time was filled with relaxing, catching up with the caretakers of the BnB, and napping. I also took advantage of the time to finish the last book in the Twilight Saga. It got pretty addicting to me. I started the first book and finished the last book (4 books in the series) in less than 6 days.

Tomorrow I return to work. I am thankful for the extended weekend as it gave me a mental break. I look forward to returning to the office tomorrow.

No comments: