Sunday, November 01, 2009

General Silliness

This morning I was standing in the back hallway starting to work on laundry. I gave Melanie a couple infant blankets to play with. Pretty soon she came running down the hallway saying, "Mommy, blankie bears". I followed her out to the family room. Sure enough, she had a couple of her bears wrapped up in the blankies. As I stood there giggling, she took the changing pad from her diaper bag and proceeded to lie down next to them. Snap! I got one picture out before the batteries died.

Arrrrr Maties! Melanie's Halloween outfit was a Pirate Princess that Matt picked out. Matt is fighting a bad chest cold and Melanie has a little cough. We decided to stay in for the Halloween evening to not escalate their symptoms. That didn't squelch my desire to get her dressed up! I couldn't get Melanie to sit completely still. She loved to mess around with the hat. It is too bad they didn't have a "big girl" version of it, I would have dressed up to match her. In the following picture you can see how she kept putting it on and off, on and off, on and off.....


"Love you, Jessie." Melanie has a strong bond with Jessie. Jessie is so unbelievabily patient with Melanie's toddler-ness (if that is even a word). Melanie loves to pat Jessie as much as possible (to-be-read-as: pull, tug, pinch, and prod Jessie). In this very common moment, Melanie reached down to lovingly "pat" Jessie and say that she loves her.


Welcome to Gnomeville! There are so many reasons why this picture is precious. Let's start with the fact that she looks like a garden gnome. Better yet, there is the fact that it is funny since I'm short and gnomes are, too. There is something completely adorable about her affection for hats. In this picture I found many moments to smile at.

No comments: