Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Little of This and That

Hello everbody! It is me, Melanie! Mommy is enjoying some coffee so I thought I would get on and tell you a little bit about what I've been doing lately. Mommy thinks this first picture is the best of the last couple weeks, so I'm starting with it.



Here I am enjoying breakfast yesterday morning. If you look closely you can see the cheese in my hand. I love cheese!

Last evening cousins Katie and Robbie and their parents came over for supper. I got super dirty from the spaghetti so mommy took off my shirt. While no one was looking I snuck away to the front door and tried to put on everyone's shoes. I haven't quite ironed out the "left" and "right" aspect of it all but it's fun anyway.

Daddy made me a fort yesterday. It is the most amazing place ever! I can play with my toys, hide, and read myself books. He played in the fort with me for a long time -- it was so great!

Here is one of my doggies. His name is Smokey and he is 11 years old (that is SUPER old in people years). He is always where I am and I love him a lot. Here is my other doggy, Jessie. She is around 6 or 7 years old. Since she was a stray shortly before mommy and daddy got her I'm not quite sure what her age is. She is steady companion and I love to pet her. She is super soft!




Mommy surprised me with this picture while I was feeding myself some applesauce. I still get super messy when I eat but my parents are so nice and let me do it. Plus, the messier I get the more chance I have of getting a bath. Don't tell Mom and Dad, but I love baths so much that is one reason why I get so messy.



Mommy showed me this picture yesterday. Mom or Dad read to me every night. They usually go through a couple books with me. Recently they've started giving me the last book and put me in my crib. I lay there and flip through the pages looking at the picture. It is so much fun being a big girl and reading to myself.


The story here was so long that I ended up falling asleep while holding the book; that is when Mom took the picture. She told me there is a picture of her about the same age falling asleep with a Farm book -- she just couldn't resist the opportunity to capture the picture. Just so you know, that book was still in my crib when I woke up in the morning.


Hi Mommy! I will smile good for you just this once!

One of my favorite books right now is "Panda in the Park". It has see-through windows and I poke my figers through the holes. It is so much fun! I was reading the book on Daddy's chair when Mommy found me.

Hey, Mom... can you remind me how this hat goes on?

The other week we had over 13" of snow from one snowfall at our house. Mommy was so excited because she loves snow so much. Here are a few pictures she got standing at one of our back doors.


















No comments: