Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Beginning to Look alot like Christmas

Hello everyone.... I do not have any pictures for today's post. Those will be coming this week as we enjoy our Christmas holiday in Branson West, Missouri.

Melanie, Matt, and I headed down to his parent's home for the holidays on this past Saturday. We made it in one fell swoop of 9 hours. The drive went very well, we arrived without any problems, and Melanie traveled like a seasoned adventurer. Last year's trip had me vomiting and requesting frequent pull-overs... this year's trip was much better.

Melanie and Nathaniel quickly reacquainted themselves as brother and sister. Watching the two of them together is a magical experience. Melanie adores her big brother.

Melanie had a rough night on Sunday but quickly bounced back yesterday. She had a fever that night that was helped with some Tylenol and several trips to the rocking chair to be cuddled by me. By the time morning rolled around she was back to her chipper self. Matt and I have chalked this all up to her one incisor almost breaking through. Melanie has almost all her baby teeth in; this one spot seems to be giving her problems. Off all the meds I packed for the trip for her "just in case" the one thing I forgot was her oragel. Matt picked some up from WalMart and now we're good-to-go.

Yesterday I attended a pie making class in Silver Dollar City with Nancy and Andie, a family friend. Andie and her husband live in the condo community that Bill and Nancy used to reside in. I had not seen Andie in at least a handful of years, it was good to see her. The class we attended could be summed up in one phrase that I kept thinking in my head: "welcome to Silver Dollar City's version of the Paula Dean show". The instructor, Debbie, was hilarous and wonderful to watch. Who could say "no" to a slice of the Ginger Pumpkin Pie when it was done? I, for one, was not going to let anyone down; pie is YUMMY. Needless to say, it was good like a little slice of heaven.

This morning I woke up very early and could not get back to sleep. I caught up on some friend's blogs, surfed the internet, read a magazine, and (of course) sighed in frustration that my fantasy football team lost in the fantasy superbowl last night. I guess that 2nd place isn't too bad considering it was a my first year playing.

I will get holiday pictures up soon. Merry Christmas, everyone.

No comments: