Friday, February 29, 2008

13' 13"

Melanie is at 13 pounds and 13 ounces now. She had a visit to the doctor this past Tuesday. Melanie had increased coughing, fever, and just wasn't herself. The doctor told us to give her breathing treatments every 4 hours during the daytime. With the drastic change in temperatures coupled with sick kids at daycare she got caught up in the flu season. Melanie was on a short-term antibiotic and a steroid to help her lungs. All of this has worked for her and she is already doing better since Tuesday. That's the good news.

The bad news is that Matt and I got whatever she had, but probably tenfold. I haven't seen Matt this sick ever from a cold.... he had it bad. As of today he is still only about half-way to getting better. I got hit hard on Wednesday and have been fighting back ever since. After two full days of basically doing nothing but sleeping or laying around (Thursday and today) I am finally feeling on the upswing of things. Matt said that today he started feeling like it was going downhill for him again. I hope I can continue to stay on the upswing of things so that we're both not sick again; that was awful!

I have taken pictures of Melanie's new crib and of her, too. I will be posting them over the weekend.

No comments: