Melanie continues to sleep well during the night. She is starting to form a routine that meshes well with life in general around the house. Smokey and Jessie are included in her activities. The dogs are so attached to her that Smokey always sit in front of wherever she is. Especially if he thinks that Jessie might try to lick her hands and/or toes. Jessie will run throughout the house looking for her whenever we let them out of their kennel at the end of the day. That activity is her "routine" for making sure little Melanie is okay. Melanie will smile at the dogs and try to watch their doing. She can't always keep up with their movements... but they entertain her nonetheless.
In the morning when I get up to feed her the dogs are kept in the room with Matt behind the dog gate. Smokey will sit directly behind the gate and whine because he doesn't like being separated from her. As soon as Melanie is done eating and settled into her pink chair, I let the dogs out to go "potty" and feed them. There is the unmistakable bond of the morning routine she shares with them. I can see her look around for the dogs when they turn the corner by the couch and go outside of her view. I am thankful she already has a love for dogs.
This week is Melanie's second full week at her daycare, but the third that she has been there. The first week was a shortened one due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Matt and I continue our drop off schedule at the daycare. He drops her off in the mornings between 8 and 8:30. I pick her up in the afternoons between 5 and 5:30.
Each day that I pick her up she is always happy... a good sign. The daycare makes sure she gets needed "tummy time". Today when I picked her up she had a Tigger toy she had been playing with. She was seated in a baby chair/swing and had fallen asleep with Tigger in her lap. If only I had my camera with me at that point in time!
Some of the kids at the daycare enjoying telling me how much they like little "Melamie". These are usually the 2 to 4 year olds that come by to say goodbye to her when I pick her up at the end of the day. Very cute indeed.
The Christmas holiday is around the corner. Melanie's first Christmas. I went to the Hallmark store and bought an adorable "Baby's First Christmas" ornament. It is in the Classic Pooh style. There is a bassinet with a baby in it. Pooh and Piglet are looking into the bassinet. A Christmas tree stands in the background. The caption reads something like "Isn't it wonderful to be so small indeed" or something like that. A nice keepsake for her first round of the holiday seasons.
Because the daycare is closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day I have requested those days off of work. My PTO time may not cover all of that since I haven't been back long enough yet to accumulate that much. I am sure that it will all work out somehow.
Matt pulled down the rest of our Christmas decorations from the attic. I am finishing up the Christmas decorating by the end of this weekend. Nothing too much... because then it will be such a pain to take down later. There has always been something calming to me of seeing a Christmas tree lit up in the evenings. I'm glad that we decided to buy a new tree this year. I hope to have it for many years to come.
Melanie is sleeping right now. I'm thinking she has the right idea and I need to do the same thing. Until the next update please enjoy the latest pictures. They are from the last two weeks. I will keep the postings weekly (if not more often) instead of waiting so long for the next one again.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment