Thursday, November 08, 2007

9 wks old - Pics and Update

9 weeks old and still growing.... :o)

Heading out to run some errands.

This week in Melanie's growth she has started rolling herself to her side to go to sleep. The previous two pictures show the first time Melanie did this. I had put her down for the night and left the room to go grab some of her blankets to cover her up. When I returned, she had already rolled to her side. I covered her up just as she was falling asleep.

This past week we have watched her accomplish the move to her side. It is very clumsy and adorable all at the same time. While she is on her back she kicks her little legs up toward the ceiling. Next, she jerks them around a little bit until she moves her legs and the rest of her body over to the side. So cute indeed!
These last two pictures were taken today. Melanie was actively looking at herself in the small mirror on the underside of the mobile arm. She also started swatting her arms at the mobile. I had attached a froggy wrist rattle to the end that made noise. I'm sure she didn't know completely that her arms were making the noise... but she kept doing it and making herself smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sweater. Adorable and so is she! Beth S.