Thursday, November 15, 2007

10 wks old - Pics and Update





Melanie is now 10 weeks old. These pictures were taken over the past week. This past week we have experienced some "firsts" and just regular adorable things.

Melanie has been working on getting her thumb to suck on for several weeks now. She doesn't spend a lot of time doing it, but every once in awhile we will see that she has spit out her pacifier and working on getting that thumb in her mouth. This past week she has been spending a lot more time trying than in the past. It has been very cute to see.

Last night I put her down for the night with her pacifier and then settled down with a book to read while she dozed off. One minute she had her pacifier, the next she was working away at finding her thumb. I listened to her doing that for awhile, every now and then glancing over to make sure she wasn't frustrating herself too much. Next came the cutest thing... she put her pacifier back in with her hand. I'm pretty sure it was a lucky thing that she got it in... but she did reach clumsily for the pacifier, happen to grab it, and get it in her mouth. It's going to be interesting to see when that will happen again. :)

This past weekend Grandpa and Grandma Jones visited us. They were able to get some good pictures that they'll be sending us. We will post those, also, once we get them.

Today is my last day of maternity leave. These past 10 weeks have flown by. As I sit and watch her these past couple days I can see that I will be missing many "firsts". I am very thankful that I have had these 10 weeks to bond with my baby girl and to see her smiling face when I talk to her. I pray that her daycare will continue to foster a loving environment for her every day that she is there.

Melanie and I met Matt for lunch today. Matt will be staying home with Melanie tomorrow to have a daddy-and-daughter day. Melanie starts daycare on Monday. Her first week will only be three days long because of the Thanksgiving Holiday week.

As I sit here finishing up the update, Melanie is in my lap cradled in my arm. Enjoy the latest pictures.

No comments: