Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Melanie!!

This past week Melanie had her fourth birthday. Four years.... really?

I believed everyone when they said to savor every moment because time would fly by. No matter how many times she asks me to play CandyLand... I will play. I may not play the "10 times" she shows me by putting up all her fingers, but I will whittle her down to a reasonable 3 or 4 times. The same concept goes for puzzles, talking like a robot, watering the outside plants, pretending she is cooking a meal in her play kitchen for me, etc.

I am not going to lie to you. There are days I am so tired that I don't want to do anything but take a relaxing shower, read a book, and take a long nap. On those days Melanie would gladly sit outside the shower reading her own books just to be close by. That, my dear friends and family, is one of the amazing things about our daughter. She wants to be close.

There will come a day in the hopefully-far-away-future when my adorable, cuddly (yet independent), loving daughter will NOT want to be close to me. There is part of my heart that aches at the thought.

I do not remember everything about my pregnancy 4 years ago. I am sure it is in God's plan for women NOT to remember, which is fine with me. The things I remember warm my heart, bring a tear or two to my eyes, and remind me how precious life is.


I have cherished some pictures over these 4 years. Here they are in no particular order.







































Who would have thought that me, miss career oriented, would enjoy motherhood so much.
Happy Birthday, Melanie. I love you.

No comments: