Sunday, October 28, 2007

7 wks old - Update

Melanie is now 7 weeks old. There are so many things she is doing now that just last week was not a reality.

The biggest change has been that she is now routinely smiling at people who get her attention. I met a close friend at my favorite coffee shop yesterday morning. Melanie was smiling all over the place at her. I cannnot wait until she starts giggling along with her smiling and not just in her sleep when she does not realize she is doing it.

If I were to guess her weight it would be around 10 pounds. She has not grown a whole lot since her last doctor's visit. Her next appointment is on November 5th. I will let everyone know her weight once that occurs.

I am starting to pack away baby clothes that Melanie no longer fits into. There are some newborn items and small socks that just do not fit her anymore. I know some day I will come across those outfits and wonder where the time went when our little girl was only 6 lbs and 9 ozs.

When we give Melanie a bath nowadays she enjoys it. Before she would grimace and act like she was not too sure about sitting in water. Now, she kicks around a little bit and seems to enjoy the water being poured on her tummy.

We have some new pictures from this past week that I will post within the next couple days.

No comments: